Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Little About Me!

Hi world -waves-

My name is Marissa Houston and ,as those who have already taken Comp with me, know I am a very quiet person. I don't know why I am, but I am (of course if you asked my bestfriend, or mother, they would both say I never shut up).

A few things about myself before I begin blogging:
I seriously think I have OCD when it comes to my school work. I am obsessive about everything from the actual paper I am priniting, or writing on, to the work itself.

I am a Harry Potter fanatic. I think Harry Potter is the sole reason for my generations literarcy. My favorite HP character would have to be Bellatrix Lestrange. Yes, I know she's crazy, but crazy isn't always bad.

I do enjoy writing. Writing is a form of freedom and I think that it does need to be valued.

Reading is a favorite pastime of mine. I am never without any type of books. My favorite books are The Book Thief (thanks Kristi), The Lovely Bones, Saving Sarah, We were the Mulvaneys, The Team, all the Harry Potters, The Great Gatsby, To Kill a Mockingbird, A Tale of Two Cities, and a few more I can't think of right now. I won't read a book (on my own) if it's less than 200 pages and isn't of good quality. I do have a few exceptions to this however.

I am a very weird person, but hey normal is overrated.

A few of my favorite movies are Fight Club, New Moon, Harry Potter 1-6, Conversations with Other Women, Sweeny Todd, Purple Rain, 10 Things I hate About You, Blood Diamond, and a few more things.

My favorite actors are Helena Bonham Carter, Johnny Depp, Dmjouin Honsu, Jonathan Jackson, Queen Latifah aka Dana Owens, Sophia Vargas, Tyler Perry, and some I can't think of right now.

Music wise, I love really anything except for country and heavy metal. I am really fond of older music from the 60's through to the early 80's. I also enjoy early jazz from the 20's.

Film wise, I know absolutely nothing. I know though that I really enjoy the works of Tim Burton and Tyler Perry.

There are a few more things about myself I'd like for others to know, but sadly I must be off. I will leave all with this final note. I am not an ignorant person and I do expect the same respect I give to people. Also I can't be anyone but me and sometimes I don't know who I am. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers